Sunday 21 March 2021 at 00:00
Today is Census Day!
It’s important you take part in the census. The information it gives has the power to make a real impact on our everyday lives.
The census is vital to all of us
Saturday 10 July 2021 at 00:00
Put the date in your diary - the next Pitton Carnival will take place on 10th July 2021. More details to follow in due course.
Christmas in Farley
Sunday 14 December 2014 at 18:30
After a successful year of concerts by performers from not just around the country but around the world, Music in Farley’s Christmas Concert is a local affair, with performers and also readers from Farley and nearby, plus some regular visitors.
- Farley’s resident opera singer and singing teacher Simon McEnery will be directing the Farley Chorale, who are singing some festive music (including Tchaikovsky, Holst, and Timothy Noon’s beautiful arrangement of the Wexford Carol;
- there’ll be a special appearance by Pitton School Choir;
- and from St Thomas’s Handbell Bellringers from Salisbury;
- jazzy solos and a duet from Simon McEnery and Audrey Palmer (last heard together at this summer’s festival);
- Peter Cornelius’s ’Three Kings’ sung by Jeremy Davies;
- seasonal readings by Rudyard Kipling, Thomas Hardy and more;
- other solos from the theatrical (Jason Robert Brown) to the classical (Samuel Barber);
- and last but not least, a Christmas medley from the Sarum Sisters of Swing.
There will also be a few opportunities for the audience to break into song with some Christmas Carols as well.
And if that still hasn’t got you in the Christmas spirit, there’ll be mulled wine and mince pies in the village hall afterwards.
All Saints' Church