Wednesday 23 September 2020 at 19:30
The Press and Public are invited to attend, and so prior to the start of the meeting there will be a short period of time set aside for public questions or comments about items on the...
Wednesday 14 October 2020 at 20:00
Come along to the Silver Plough quiz nights on the second Wednesday of every month.
PloughGo - A mixture of quiz and bingo giving everybody a chance to win.
£2 for 4 quiz sheets - with £5...
Saturday 10 July 2021 at 00:00
Put the date in your diary - the next Pitton Carnival will take place on 10th July 2021. More details to follow in due course.
Christmas in Farley
Sunday 14 December 2014 at 18:30
After a successful year of concerts by performers from not just around the country but around the world, Music in Farley’s Christmas Concert is a local affair, with performers and also readers from Farley and nearby, plus some regular visitors.
- Farley’s resident opera singer and singing teacher Simon McEnery will be directing the Farley Chorale, who are singing some festive music (including Tchaikovsky, Holst, and Timothy Noon’s beautiful arrangement of the Wexford Carol;
- there’ll be a special appearance by Pitton School Choir;
- and from St Thomas’s Handbell Bellringers from Salisbury;
- jazzy solos and a duet from Simon McEnery and Audrey Palmer (last heard together at this summer’s festival);
- Peter Cornelius’s ’Three Kings’ sung by Jeremy Davies;
- seasonal readings by Rudyard Kipling, Thomas Hardy and more;
- other solos from the theatrical (Jason Robert Brown) to the classical (Samuel Barber);
- and last but not least, a Christmas medley from the Sarum Sisters of Swing.
There will also be a few opportunities for the audience to break into song with some Christmas Carols as well.
And if that still hasn’t got you in the Christmas spirit, there’ll be mulled wine and mince pies in the village hall afterwards.
All Saints' Church