IF YOU ARE AWARE OF A NEIGHBOUR OR FRIEND WHO DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, COULD YOU BE VERY KIND AND EITHER PRINT OFF THIS E MAIL FOR THEM OR LET THEM KNOW THE CONTENT.
Dear Farley Resident
The first meeting to discuss the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebration took place on Saturday 6 March. This meeting previously cancelled (as lots of people were unable to attend) took place because the Parish Council advised that preparations needed to commence to ensure if Farley wished for a road closure that they could meet the upcoming deadline for applications to close the road. The attendance was fairly good ( 14 people including 2 Parish Councillors). Decisions reached were as follows:-
- Village to hold the date for Sunday 5th June with a start time of 3.00 p.m. for a whole village event;
- Event to be held on the Coronation Field (option to utilise the Village Hall in case of wet weather);
- Decision not to close road due to cost of closure and freedom/space provided by Coronation Field (and it was thought apt to use the venue given the event);
- 3pm start for a long party table high tea, free to Farley residents/extended family – colourful long table, red/white /blue theme, sandwiches, scones, cake, tea;
- Bar provided by The Hook and Glove (not free);
- BBQ (not free) into the evening with music for those wishing to stay;
- The Parish Council will make a monetary donation to support the event and sponsorship will be sought to fund the afternoon tea as a no cost event;
- Games etc for the children to be decided/organised;
- Equipment/marquees etc to be decided/organised;
- Food preparation/cake donations/help on the day to be decided /organised;
- Fancy dress ?50’s style, children’s fancy dress with prizes to be decided;
- Jubilee commemorative item for the children to be decided;
- Music playlist from each decade to be playing throughout the day;
- Numbers to be determined to budget/prepare, therefore commitment to attend and places to be booked;
- Colin Baxter is hopefully going to chair future organisation meetings
There is an expectation that the afternoon tea will be a whole village event where everyone young and old sit together for a 50’s street party type tea with lots of organised games for the young ones. It is likely that people will want (weather permitting) to bring their chairs/blankets etc to make an evening of it with a BBQ, bar and music.
Clearly there is a lot to organise and it would be wonderful if people become involved and provide ideas and support to this once in a lifetime celebration.
Recognising differing people’s commitments, the future meetings for the next couple of months have been planned to reflect different days and time so that everyone has an opportunity to attend and contribute.
To be held at The Hook and Glove, the dates are:
Wednesday 16th March at 7.00 p.m.
Sunday 27th March at 11.00 a.m.
Tuesday 5th April at 7.00 p.m.
Sunday 24th April at 11.00 a.m.